Your Rights As An Employee
We are fortunate to live in a nation where employees at all levels of the pay scale have rights. For example, the law gives employees the right to:
- A workplace free from discrimination and sexual harassment
- A minimum hourly pay, mandatory overtime and certain breaks, depending on your job classification
- The ability to speak up about illegal or unethical behavior in the workplace without having to fear retaliation
- Job protection when you have to go on leave for family or medical reasons (if you qualify)
Some of these rights apply across the board, while others only apply in certain situations. Determining which rights you actually have — and how to enforce them — can be a challenge. Sadly, it often takes the involvement of a lawyer to make your voice heard.
Allow Us To Help
At the Law Office of Twila S. White, we have the experience necessary to guide you through these complex issues. We understand how emotionally draining it can be when your rights are violated. By looking at the big picture and referring you to other professionals when appropriate, we can help you not only with the legal aspects of what you’re facing, but also the psychological and emotional fallout. Let attorney Twila S. White and her team of professionals help you.
Based in Los Angeles, California, we handle a wide range of employment matters for employees from all backgrounds, including:
- Wage and hour claims involving overtime disputes, break violations, employee misclassification, minimum wage violations and other issues
- Discrimination claims on the basis of any protected ground
- Sexual harassment claims
- Wrongful termination
- Whistleblower claims
- Violations of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
We also help employees negotiate and review employment contracts, including severance agreements.